We are recruiting for a Permanent Electromechanical Technician for a global technology company in Weymouth.
The company produces innovative equipment that enables the world's biggest names in electronics to bring their technology to market. They also have a forward-thinking environment where continuous investment powers opportunities to work on exciting new projects on a global scale.
Do you love working in a fun, forward-thinking environment? In this role will, you will support the mechanical design of printing machines and the associated modules.
Within the R&D Department, this role will support with Hardware R&D with the manufacture. This role will also be key part in the process of building and testing machine elements.
- Contribute to the mechanical and electrical build of initial prototypes with minimal outside assistance. Handover to NPI Production Team.
- Contribute to the manufacture/modification of components to technical requirement/specifications.
- Support the running of machines and test equipment and undertake calibration, and software test (detail around the flex and duration)
- Commission test rigs and test components
- Define and support the formal collection and reporting of test data and results
- Make recommendations for improvement to designs.
- Maintain the Machine Shop, labs and equipment within to a safe and useable condition.
- Ensure that tools/equipment and materials are available to meet development requirements.
You Will Have:
- Must possess a good level of secondary education with a minimum of GCSE or equivalent level qualifications (grade A-C) in both English Language and Maths.
- To have undertaken a formal apprenticeship within an Engineering environment.
- Must hold an engineering-based qualification at either NVQ II or III level or equivalent. Alternatively, an engineering-based comparable specialist knowledge with long period of professional experience
- Demonstrate good organisational skills and able to prioritise.
- Previous experience in a modern engineering environment associated with product design and development.
- Evidence of track record of working on own initiative, with minimal supervision.
- Communicate in English with others at all levels in a variety of formats (e.g. Presentations, records of discussions and their outcomes)
- Able to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities and schedules.
- Able to build stable and useful working relationships working across disciplines with internal and external partners involving complex projects
- To be able to interpret 3D Cad model and build Sub-Assemblies, able to read and understand an Engineering Drawing.
- Design and assembly experience in the field of manufacturing processes, costs, and geometric tolerances
- Knowledge of test protocol
- Must possess a good level of computer literacy; to include a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Willingness to travel, locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Produce engineering drawings - tooling, rigs and jigs (Desirable)
- Competent at using 3D CAD and working within and PLM system (Desirable)
- Basic PLC programming skills (Desirable)
- Ability to conduct statistically sound appraisals of data (Desirable)
- Understanding of the functional interdependencies of mechanical, electromechanical, and mechatronic systems (Desirable)
- Knowledge of PCB printing equipment / SMT production process (Desirable)
We Will Offer You:
- A salary ranging between £30,000 and £37,000 depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave per year.
- Gym and medical insurance.
To apply for this permanent opportunity please submit your latest CV and we will be in touch in due course. Also, if you require further information and a more detailed job specification and benefits package, please call Alan.
|Job Title:||Electrical Mechanical Technician|
|Salary:||£30k - 37k per year|
You Might Also Like
Click on the logo below to view our other jobs.
South West Recruitment Ltd is a data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. Authorised members of our staff have access to this information and act as data processors.
We ask you to share information with us so that we can provide you with work-finding and related services. Unless we are allowed to do so by law, we will not give your information to anyone without your consent.
We have a full Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice that tells you what you can expect from us and how we will protect your rights. The privacy notice tells you what information we collect, how we use it, how long we keep it, and who we share it with.
It also tells you about your rights as an individual with regards to the processing of your personal information, so we recommend that you take the time to read this document.
If you have any questions or want to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact: Alan Hoey, South West Recruitment Ltd of 1 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH8 8EH.