We are recruiting for a Permanent Hardware Test Engineer for a global technology company in Weymouth.
The company produces innovative equipment that enables the world's biggest names in electronics to bring their technology to market. They also have a forward-thinking environment where continuous investment powers opportunities to work on exciting new projects on a global scale.
This role is aimed to support on the development and design of hardware Module & life test plans, conducting tests and producing test reports on any of the company's products, even those supplied through third parties. This process supports the wider project team in developing new products, and their decisions in finding the best solution or verify proposed solutions. Reporting to the Module Test Manager, this person will also use hardware Module testing as a development tool to verify the requirement specification, design specification and proposed solutions fulfil intended purpose. This also means that you may be required to provideassistance during the hardware Integration test and System test stages. This role is team orientated, meaning that many of your key responsibilities will be shared across your other team members.
- Comply with procedures and take responsibility to design test and produce test plans, ensuring all elements are detailed and completed appropriately in the test cycle in a timely manner.
- Liaise with all relevant development team to define test, if applicable other department (LabVIEW, NPI, CSG etc) for consultation throughout the preparation of test.
- Perform test accordingly to the proposed test plans and test procedures, ensure that all measurements are taken accordingly & properly, and make sure the test is fully completed.
- Where a defect is found, identify any combinations of hardware, process and machine parameters that are directly affected by or are immune to the defect
- Upon replication of the defect, ensure the interested parties are informed accordingly. Depending on the nature of the defect, seek support within organisation or from third party to establish root cause.
You Will Have:
- Degree or equivalent level in a relevant technical discipline: Mechatronics / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering / Hardware design related
- Proficient user of Microsoft office applications, able to demonstrate intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to explain concepts and findings, presenting results to a variety of audiences, including management and ensure that meaning is understood.
- Knowledge and good understanding of engineering basics, also the measurement and analysis equipment necessary for hardware test (Displacement sensors, force & torque sensors, accelerometer, oscilloscope, high-speed cameras, Microscope etc.)
- Teamworking skills, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written with people at various levels in the organisation.
- Ability to perform testing activities on Module & System level, using an interdisciplinary approach to identify and understand a variety of complex / critical problems, if necessary, suggest improvement concepts or solutions (Desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of product development cycle, FMEA, Root Cause Analysis method (Desirable).
We Will Offer You:
- A salary ranging between£31,500 and £41,500 depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave per year.
- Gym and medical insurance.
To apply for this permanent opportunity please submit your latest CV and we will be in touch in due course. Also, if you require further information and a more detailed job specification and benefits package, please call Alan.
|Job Title:||Hardware Test Engineer – £41,500 per annum|
|Salary:||£31.5k - 41.5k per year|
You Might Also Like
Click on the logo below to view our other jobs.
South West Recruitment Ltd is a data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. Authorised members of our staff have access to this information and act as data processors.
We ask you to share information with us so that we can provide you with work-finding and related services. Unless we are allowed to do so by law, we will not give your information to anyone without your consent.
We have a full Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice that tells you what you can expect from us and how we will protect your rights. The privacy notice tells you what information we collect, how we use it, how long we keep it, and who we share it with.
It also tells you about your rights as an individual with regards to the processing of your personal information, so we recommend that you take the time to read this document.
If you have any questions or want to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact: Alan Hoey, South West Recruitment Ltd of 1 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH8 8EH.