We are recruiting for a Permanent Mechanical Engineer for a global technology company in Weymouth.
The company produces innovative equipment that enables the world's biggest names in electronics to bring their technology to market. They also have a forward-thinking environment where continuous investment powers opportunities to work on exciting new projects on a global scale.
Do you love working in a fun, forward-thinking environment? In this role will, you will support the mechanical design of printing machines and the associated modules.
**The Role offers a comprehensive relocation package**
- Contribute to and produce concept designs from requirements.
- Develop detailed designs via the creation of the necessary development and manufacturing documents, ensuring design compliance with the defined quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Calculate/optimize the mechanical/electromechanical and pneumatic components.
- Interpret and analyse module/system performance and contribute to determining critical success factors.
- Conduct sustaining activities on released series products.
- Evaluate requirements in cooperation with other groups and departments, Quality Management, Purchasing, Production, Product Management, Sales departments, and external partners.
- Contribute to value engineering and whole life costing. Identify costs of options by working with Procurement teams/Engineers.
You Will Have:
- A Degree in a technical discipline, Technical Engineer, Master Craftsman (Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Automation Technology) or comparable specialist knowledge with IEng or above certification from the UK Engineering Council
- Understanding of the functional interdependencies of mechanical, electromechanical, and mechatronic systems
- Design and assembly experience in the field of manufacturing processes, costs, and geometric tolerances
- Competent at using 3D CAD and working within and EDM system
- Ability to work across disciplines with internal and external partners involving complex projects
- Communicate in English with others at all levels in a variety of formats (e.g. Presentations, records of discussions and their outcomes)
- Able to identify and solve, from first principles, unusual/ complex technical problems.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the product creation processes
- Confidence in using the NX CAD tool, the EDM system Teamcenter (Desirable)
- Ability to conduct statistically sound appraisals of data (Desirable)
We Will Offer You:
- A salary ranging between £40,000 and £45,000 depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave per year.
- Gym and medical insurance.
To apply for this permanent opportunity please submit your latest CV and we will be in touch in due course. Also, if you require further information and a more detailed job specification and benefits package, please call Alan.
|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer – £45k with Relocation Package|
|Salary:||£40k - 45k per year + relocation package|
You Might Also Like
Click on the logo below to view our other jobs.
South West Recruitment Ltd is a data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. Authorised members of our staff have access to this information and act as data processors.
We ask you to share information with us so that we can provide you with work-finding and related services. Unless we are allowed to do so by law, we will not give your information to anyone without your consent.
We have a full Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice that tells you what you can expect from us and how we will protect your rights. The privacy notice tells you what information we collect, how we use it, how long we keep it, and who we share it with.
It also tells you about your rights as an individual with regards to the processing of your personal information, so we recommend that you take the time to read this document.
If you have any questions or want to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact: Alan Hoey, South West Recruitment Ltd of 1 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH8 8EH.