We are recruiting for permanent Qualified Electricians to carry out compliance testing across the Slough area.
3 to 5 days per week (Full or Part Time to choose from). Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Salary Circa £38,000 to £40,000
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Surveying sites where electrical systems are installed
- Carry out periodic inspections of clients' electrical installations in accordance with the current edition of BS7671
- Produce Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) via easy cert (or other software) which meets the requirements and quality standards of clients and external accrediting bodies (e.g., NICEIC)
- Perform other electrical tests and inspections, and produce the appropriate documentation in accordance with the current edition of BS7671
- Identifying Electrical problems and conduct remedial works as part of the inspection where appropriate
- To carry out rewires, installations and general repair work as and when required
- Always adhere to Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Keep abreast of changes and amendments of standards, regulations, and best practices within the electrical industry
- To attend toolbox meetings as required
- Work with the Operations, Technical, Project and Contract teams to deliver the contract within the set timescales.
- To achieve personal and team KPI's ensuring the number of completed jobs meet the business and clients' needs and expectations
- Actively promote all aspects of Health & Safety, to ensure compliance with legislation and company procedures
- Continually seeking opportunities to enhance relationships with the quality service provision to clients, with a view to grow the business
Qualification, Education and experience required
- Fully Qualified Electrician
- Level 3 Testing & Inspection qualification, 2391 or equivalent
- Level 3 Installations qualification 2330 or equivalent
- 18th Edition, valid ECS card or CSCS card, basic DBS and asbestos awareness training within last 6 months
- Minimum 1-year of previous experience working in social housing environment, installations and repairs, inspection and testing and emergency lighting testing and installation.
- An extensive understanding of the Electricity at Work Regulations, current edition of BS7671 and the Codes of Practice and guidance documents relevant to the range of electrical work undertaken.
- Full understand the inspection, testing, verification, certification and reporting procedures for the range of electrical work undertaken.
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation
- Good understanding of Health & Safety legislation
- Driver and have access to your own vehicle and own tools
To apply for this permanent opportunity please submit your latest CV and we will be in touch in due course. Also, if you require further information and a more details, please call Alan or Ollie.
|Job Title:||Permanent Electrician – £40,000 per annum|
|Salary:||£38k - 40k per year|
You Might Also Like
Click on the logo below to view our other jobs.
South West Recruitment Ltd is a data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. Authorised members of our staff have access to this information and act as data processors.
We ask you to share information with us so that we can provide you with work-finding and related services. Unless we are allowed to do so by law, we will not give your information to anyone without your consent.
We have a full Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice that tells you what you can expect from us and how we will protect your rights. The privacy notice tells you what information we collect, how we use it, how long we keep it, and who we share it with.
It also tells you about your rights as an individual with regards to the processing of your personal information, so we recommend that you take the time to read this document.
If you have any questions or want to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact: Alan Hoey, South West Recruitment Ltd of 1 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH8 8EH.