We are recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for a global technology company in Weymouth.
The company produces innovative equipment that enables the world's biggest names in electronics to bring their technology to market. They also have a forward-thinking environment where continuous investment powers opportunities to work on exciting new projects on a global scale.
Do you love working in a fun, forward-thinking environment? In this role will, you will manage the mechanical design of printing machines and the associated modules.
**The Role offers the opportunity for Hybrid working and also a comprehensive relocation package is available**
- Manage and produce concept designs from requirements.
- Develop detailed designs via the creation of the necessary development and manufacturing documents, ensuring design compliance with the defined quality, cost, and schedule requirements
- Calculate/optimize the mechanical/electromechanical and pneumatic components
- Interpret and analyse module/system performance and contribute to determining critical success factors.
- Conduct sustaining activities on released series products
- Define the requirements in cooperation with other groups and departments, Quality Management, Purchasing, Production, Product Management, Sales departments, and external partners
- Identify/evaluate andintroduce new technologies
- Manage and contribute to value engineering and whole life costing. Identify resources and costs of options by working with Procurement teams/Engineers
- Act as a design lead: Manage/contribute to project planning activities related to mechanical design and delivery of tasks. Schedule activities, Set targets, and draft programmes and action plans
- Prepare reports on the evaluation of the effectiveness of the designs, including risk, Technical, safety and life cycle considerations
- Exchange information and provide advice to technical and non-technical colleagues
You Will Have:
- A Degree in a technical discipline, Technical Engineer, Master Craftsman (Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Automation Technology) or comparable specialist knowledge with long period of professional experience
- Understanding of the functional interdependencies of mechanical, electromechanical, and mechatronic systems
- Design and assembly experience in the field of manufacturing processes, costs, and geometric tolerances
- Competencein using 3D CAD and working within and EDM system
- Ability to work across disciplines with internal and external partners involving complex projects
- Ability to communicate in English with others at all levels in a variety of formats (e.g. Presentations, records of discussions and their outcomes)
- Ability to conduct statistically sound appraisals of data
- Confidence to share own expertise, provide guidance, support, and motivate other team members ~ influential within own team
- Ability to identify and solve, from first principles, unusual/ complex technical problems.
- Competence in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the product creation processes
- Confidence in using the NX CAD tool, the EDM system Teamcenter PLM (Desirable)
- FEA - ANSYS(Desirable)
- Knowledge of SAP(Desirable)
- Workshop and basic fabrication skills(Desirable)
We Will Offer You:
- A salary of up to £57,000 per annum.
- 25 days annual leave per year.
- Gym and medical insurance.
- Relocation Package
To apply for this permanent opportunity please submit your latest CV and we will be in touch in due course. Also, if you require further information and a more detailed job specification and benefits package, please call Alan.
|Job Title:||Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Hybrid – Relocation Package|
|Salary:||£50k - 57k per year|
You Might Also Like
Click on the logo below to view our other jobs.
South West Recruitment Ltd is a data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. Authorised members of our staff have access to this information and act as data processors.
We ask you to share information with us so that we can provide you with work-finding and related services. Unless we are allowed to do so by law, we will not give your information to anyone without your consent.
We have a full Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice that tells you what you can expect from us and how we will protect your rights. The privacy notice tells you what information we collect, how we use it, how long we keep it, and who we share it with.
It also tells you about your rights as an individual with regards to the processing of your personal information, so we recommend that you take the time to read this document.
If you have any questions or want to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact: Alan Hoey, South West Recruitment Ltd of 1 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH8 8EH.