Our client design and manufacture steel buildings and structures for both UK and export markets. We require a Stores Assistant to help with day to day stock control and the issuing of stores items. A basic knowledge of tools and fixings and experience of driving a counterbalance forklift truck would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided for the right applicant.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Assisting with the loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Checking goods received against the order paperwork.
- Tending to staff requirements for items held in our Stores in line with our Stores Policy.
- Picking and allocating tools, fixings, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and consumables to the fabrication staff on our premises.
- Recording all items issued.
- Assisting the Stores Manager with the control of stock, including stock taking every quarter.
- Keeping the Stores area safe, clean and tidy.
- Picking, weighing and packing goods (nuts, bolts and other fastenings, tools, etc) to be despatched for both UK and export contracts.
- Preparing packing lists and other relevant paperwork.
- Assisting the Stores Manager as required.
Monday - Friday 7.30am - 4.00pm (40 hours) (start time may be earlier on occasion)
£11.00 per hour depending on experience.
Occasional overtime at x1.5 is available depending on workload.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, please apply with your latest CV.
|Job Title:||Stores Assistant – £22,880 per annum|
|Salary:||£22,880 per year|
You Might Also Like
Click on the logo below to view our other jobs.
South West Recruitment Ltd is a data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. Authorised members of our staff have access to this information and act as data processors.
We ask you to share information with us so that we can provide you with work-finding and related services. Unless we are allowed to do so by law, we will not give your information to anyone without your consent.
We have a full Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice that tells you what you can expect from us and how we will protect your rights. The privacy notice tells you what information we collect, how we use it, how long we keep it, and who we share it with.
It also tells you about your rights as an individual with regards to the processing of your personal information, so we recommend that you take the time to read this document.
If you have any questions or want to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact: Alan Hoey, South West Recruitment Ltd of 1 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH8 8EH.