We are currently recruiting for Warehouse Operatives for a large distribution company in Verwood.
If you are looking to pursue a career in warehousing or you are looking to develop your current skills further and progress further then this could be the ideal position for you.
The company operates a skills matrix and salary banding format which means you can increase your salary as your skill level improves as you progress through the different levels.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
To Perform Daily Warehouse Duties (Based on a Skills Matrix system) to Include:
- Packing Parcels/Pallets
- Computers and Hand Scanners
- Stores Management
- Loading /Unloading of Vehicles
- Stock Receipt
- Four Types of Fork Lift Truck
Responsibility to Ensure All Equipment / Vehicles are Maintained and Returned to their Storage Locations. Working Areas Must be Neat and Tidy at All Times. Aisles should be Clear of Congestion and Items Stored in Line with Company Policies. To follow company procedures.
Starting salary is £10.13 per hour which rises as you work through the skills Matrix in Stages from £10.13, £10.63, £10.89 & £11.14, £12.15 per hour.
Regular overtime after 39.5 hours is paid at x1.5 so £15.19 per hour
Shift times: 6am - 2pm, 12pm - 8pm or 2pm - 10pm
Superb Company benefits and training opportunities such as:
- 39.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday (Weekend work for projects/backlog when required)
- Shifts on two weekly rota (Only when fully trained, start on the later shift to begin)
- Break times 30mins.
- Overtime workload permitting (Mon - Sat time and a half, Sunday and bank holiday double)
- 26 days holiday a year (Additional day are after long service at 3 and 5 years)
- Bank holiday days off
- Every six months in the year if no sick day taken then entitlement of additional day holiday or pay
- Company pension
- Health Shield Scheme
- BUPA health care scheme (After two year service)
- Paid monthly on the last working Friday of the month
- Probation period 3 months, which can be extended for a further 3 months if training not completed or any other issues
- In House Training
- On the job (All areas, Multi Skilling)
- Manual Handling
- Various Forklift Trucks
- COSHH / Spillage
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Warden (Optional)
- First Aider Full / First Aider Appointed (Optional)
To apply for this excellent opportunity please apply now with an up to date CV and we will be in touch in due course.
|Job Title:||Warehouse Labourer|
|Salary:||£10.13 - 12.15 per hour|
You Might Also Like
Click on the logo below to view our other jobs.
South West Recruitment Ltd is a data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. Authorised members of our staff have access to this information and act as data processors.
We ask you to share information with us so that we can provide you with work-finding and related services. Unless we are allowed to do so by law, we will not give your information to anyone without your consent.
We have a full Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice that tells you what you can expect from us and how we will protect your rights. The privacy notice tells you what information we collect, how we use it, how long we keep it, and who we share it with.
It also tells you about your rights as an individual with regards to the processing of your personal information, so we recommend that you take the time to read this document.
If you have any questions or want to exercise any of your data protection rights, please contact: Alan Hoey, South West Recruitment Ltd of 1 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH8 8EH.